Sunday, September 2, 2012

the Fremont Diner day

As some/all of you may know, I moved to Lyon, France to study for the whole year. 
{I'm there now and will eventually do a post about it!}
The last few weeks before heading out my mom insisted that I get organized to go well in advance.
I can't thank her enough for getting that fire started and forbidding me to wait til the last minute to start packing.
So, basically I was all ready to go the weekend before I actually left. 
I was incredibly impressed with myself. 

That meant that during my last few Californian days
(I was in Washington D.C. for a week before jumping the pond to Europe)
I got to play! 

My mom and I spent our time relaxing {and having an amazing spa day at Indian Springs} and crossing things off 
the oh I've always, always wanted to do that! list.


...

One afternoon my mom and I drove over to the Fremont Diner
on Hwy 37.
I have been craving to go there for a very, very, very long time.

It was a glorious afternoon.
The diner is adorable and the food is delicious.

I have to say that it's pretty high up, along with the Jimtown Store,
on my list of favorite places to grab a bite. 

{by the way- if you go to the Jimtown Store I highly, highly
recommend the brie and olive tapenade sandwich}





Above: Corn Fritters. I liked them, but there were a little on the sweet side for my taste- but I just LOVED the melt-in-your-mouth corn bread with honey. 
My mouth is watering just thinking about it. 

We both had the peach, prosciutto and mozzarella salad. 
I think this will become a summer staple in my life from now on.
Though the peaches could have been a bit more ripe- the combination was great. 








Oh California! 
Even though I love Lyon, I do miss you!






No comments:

Post a Comment