Friday, September 21, 2012

first glimpse of Lyon

Even though I have been in Lyon for three and a half weeks (!!!), this is my 
first post about France! 
It's just crazy that it has only been three and a half weeks because it 
feels like I've been here for ages-
it also amazes me how one can get used to a new place and 
feel at home and feel settled so fast.

Sidenote: You can read about my time in Lyon over at One Bouchon
One Bouchon is a joint blog that my Amigos and I created 
to stay in touch/share stories during this year of grand adventures. 

The following photos are solely from my first night/day in Lyon-
essentially these are my first impressions of the beautiful city that I am
calling home for the next year. 

My first European Sunrise. 





I was so excited to be able to drink legally in France and of course the first night I just had to get myself a glass of rosé- made me feel so grown up. 




Above is VIEUX LYON (Old Lyon) 

BELLECOUR 






The morning of the start of our program (we had to meet at CISL- Centre International Séjour at five in the afternoon- so I basically had the whole day to explore!) I woke up early and just strolled around Lyon. 
I naturally gravitated towards the Premiere Arrondissment (the First Neighborhood...)- only to discover two days later, that that neighborhood would be my future home for the semester! 


Below is the Quai directly across the river from my Homestay- I went for a lovely morning run on the Quai yesterday. I dislike running, but being along the river made it enjoyable. 


HOTEL DE VILLE (this is my metro stop- not bad, right?)




I really, truly love Lyon (though I did have some sad feelings that it wasn't Paris- but 
I am glad that I decided to get to know a new city....and Paris is just two hours away by train. Soon I will post about my
weekend in Paris!) 

Lyon is a great city- beautiful, historic, aged yet young and vibrant. It's also a very 
student friendly city and I just love that one can walk everywhere! 

There is so much to catch up on- all my little weekend trips (tomorrow morning I leave for NICE!), school started this week, and I have so much to describe about my new life here....
but for now I will just give you a little taste of Lyon to wet your whistle. 






No comments:

Post a Comment