Wednesday, September 19, 2012

summer truly has come to an end.

I had a real tête à tête with myself, and though as painful as it is to admit,
my summer is officially over. 
Yes, I did have the ILP (Intensive Language Program) for the last
two weeks, but my real French university classes (at Lyon 2) started yesterday...
Therefore, I've got to get my act together and finish up my summer posts and 
start posting about my adventures in FRANCE. 

Though, it was very different from how I imagined my summer would go, in the end I had an amazing summer.
I love just hanging out with my family,
and being with my friends- who I consider part of my family.

The following is just a BUNCH of photos from this summer....
slightly random. 

Photo courtesy of Sydney Hughes

I posted about the magic fortune-telling party favor
thing a while ago, but...
What is it? 
I don't know,
but IT IS CORRECT.
I love it and it's the best for a dessert treat.


Mine told me that relocation was in my future- guess what? I've relocated! 
What the what? 





Watching/listening to Mom sing with Vocal Color during Napa's PorchFest.


Three Twins Ice Cream at the Oxbow Market... yum.


Dylan, Francesca and Justine visiting! 
Chilling pool-side at the Sage Canyon house. 




André at the airport after returning from France.
Doesn't he just look French?
AND HE JUST GOT HIS LICENCE-
I am so proud of him! 
I can't wait to come home and drive with him- yay!

 Below: Marisol at First Friday in Oakland- a man came around and took her photo with an old Polaroid camera. I love this photo of her so much, classically beautiful.  


 Francesca at ma fav. place: the JimTown store. 



 Mom and I spent one morning in Yountville. 



Roses from the Garden. 




My other Momma and my brothers.



The following is one of my favorite pictures of the summer. 
Dash has what we call "Babies"- stuffed animals that he carries around with him and snuggles/sleeps with (he has a total of five now...). He started stealing my beanie babies and Barbies when I was little, so we just started giving him his very own stuffed animals. 
When he was a puppy he would even bring them to his food bowl so they could eat. Ridiculous. 
One morning my mom and I looked out the window and saw that he had placed them next to each other and the Collie just happened to have its arm around the Pink One- too cute. 
I gave Dash the Collie more than two years ago, the day I left for college and the Pink One- courtesy of my roomie Allison 
(when she came to visit- he was super protective of it, so we assumed that he recognized her smell!)-was given to Dash when Lilly passed away this June. 
Pure love right there.


André and I one evening decided to jump the fence of the vineyard above our house. 
It's not trespassing when no one is watching, right?
We were up there for a beautiful sunset over looking the valley. 
Looking at all these pictures makes me miss home! 
What a beautiful place. 






 This summer we spent all of our outdoor dinners not under the big porch, but on the back 
porch- it was a nice change and I loved eating under the stairs. 
I have so many photos of our dinner table- I love setting the table- especially in the summer because I just love filling our vintage bottles with fresh cut flowers! 



Going through these photos make me miss home and my family a bit, 
but now that I'm done 
posting about my summer I can get to posting about my current "relocation" situation! 
France! 

No comments:

Post a Comment